We are blessed to be part of such a supportive community. See letter below.
The Honorable Judge ………
Orange County Court House
425 North Orange House
Orlando, FL 32801
My name is Francis, a Deacon in the church that the Charles’family attends on a regular basis. Soon after the death of Charles’ father his mother asked if I would help Charles, his sister and two brothers with the adjustments necessary with the loss of their father. Charles’mother has to be a blessed woman with the patience she demonstrated in keeping the families sense of dignity and hope alive. Charles likewise took the roll of senior male member of the family and helped with boundary setting and guidance in timeliness, organization, and positive behavior. He really is the older brother of that Family that his sister and brothers look to for guidance. He is a great roll model.
In all the years that I have been part of this family’s religious education, social growth, and friend never have I seen a disrespectful tone expressed by the children of this family toward any adult especially the mother, Pam. They, especially Charles has been a rock and mentor to his Tuscaloosa County, school, and church communities. I have provided you with a list of Accomplishments, Challenges, and Work History of Charles’ that I am familiar with to this point in his short life. With his outstanding character, I am sure there are others.
Your Honor, please look further into the circumstances that have occurred with Charles’ defense that may lead to a more family centered, positive outcome. His family and community need him and people like him to be the positive roll models to the youth.
1. Grades from high school years 2005 – 2009 AB Honor Roll
2. Volunteered at Veterans Administration Hospital on Tuscaloosa from 2005 -2009
3. Participated in the Boy Scouts of America 2003 – 2008
4. Was part of Big Brother and Big Sister form 2003 – present? His Brother is a policeman at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
5. Played soccer, golf, and bowled.
6. Loves music and story telling.
7. Volunteered at Holy Spirit Roman Catholic Church and school.
8. Voted Prom King in his senior year.
9. Charles along with his brother Alex volunteered at our “Tuscaloosa Soup Bowl”.
CHALLENGES OF CHARLES’
1. Charles is a life long asthmatic and is on medication.
2. In the ninth grade Charles had marked emotional issues and saw a therapist. He is presently on medication.
3. Charles is only three classes away from receiving his Bachelor of Arts Degree in “The Recording Arts” and has a passion to finish.
CHARLES’ WORK HISTORY
1. During high school Charles work at McDonald’s in Tuscaloosa. Manager said that he would rehire him at anytime because of his customer service and work ethic.
2 During his time on Bond, Charles worked at an elder care facility in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.